1. After receiving the card, please immediately sign your name on the signature space on the back of the card.
2. Check whether the password envelope received is sealed properly. If the envelope is sent by mail, please check your mailbox to ensure it is delivered. If you have not received the password for a long period, consult the card-issuing bank to prevent possible card lost or theft.
3. Change the initial password at your earliest convenience. Do not use easily decodable numbers and change your password regularly.
4. When using your card in public places, protect your password from being seen by blocking the sight of others near you with your body and hands.
5. Before entering a self-service bank with door security control system to operate an ATM, take care to check if there are any abnormalities with or around the machine, such as suspicious objects attached to the card slot, suspicious announcements posted at the machine or the presence of any micro camera lenses.
6. If the notes or your card does not come out of the ATM, stay there and wait for prompt messages on the screen. If your card is indeed retained in the machine, contact the bank promptly. Do not easily trust any telephone number posted on the machine. Neither should you reveal your password to anybody over the phone.
7. When your card is being swiped by shopkeepers, keep your eyes on it. Do not sign any slip before confirming its correctness, and never sign any purchase document that does not specify the amount of money on it or incompletely filled out.
8. For online shopping, be sure you deal only with reputable websites and keep your online receipts. In case of any abnormal payment, contact the card-issuing bank immediately.
9. Do not conduct any transaction via Internet banking or phone banking in public places.
10. Please keep your card and password carefully.
11. Keep your ID card and bankcard separately as they may be lost at the same time, stolen and made use of for any illegal cash withdrawals.
12. Protect the magnetic bar from any intense rubbing, scratching or magnetization.
13. Keep bankcard transaction slips properly, check your accounts regularly, and in case of any discrepancy, contact the bank at your earliest convenience.
14. Once you have lost your bankcard, report loss immediately, and track changes of your account.
15. BOCOM service hotline: 95559 or any of the bank’s local customer service hotline.