1. Time deposit of fixed amount and period: With a minimum deposit amount of RMB 50, the maturity terms of RMB time deposits are 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years and 5 years. For foreign-currency time deposits, a lump-sum deposit can be made in the form of deposit slips or through an “all-in-one” passbook or a Pacific Card. Maturity terms of 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and 2 years are offered. Foreign-currency time deposits are available in a range of foreign currencies including USD and HKD.
2. Time deposit of irregular savings and lump-sum withdrawal: The minimum deposit amount for this fixed monthly deposit is RMB 5. Maturity terms include 1 year, 3 years and 5 years. The deposit amount is determined by the customer. As deposits are required to be made on a monthly basis, any omitted monthly installment must be made up for in the subsequent month. Otherwise, interests will be accrued, at a rate based on the actual savings and actual deposit period, upon withdrawal.
3. Education savings: Catering to the future education needs of students at Primary 4 and above, the plan can be customized around individual financial needs with a flexible savings period. Customers are given full autonomy to determine the total deposit amount, at an attractive interest rate along with tax-free advantages.
4. Installment withdrawal of interest on fixed deposit: If you have a considerably large sum of idle cash at your disposal, make a lump-sum deposit and enjoy the benefits of monthly interest payouts, while your entire principal is kept safely intact. Further arrangements on the principal can be made upon maturity. Pioneered by Bank of Communications, this product offers you an ideal option to save up your principal, as you withdraw interest on a regular basis.
5. Current deposits: The minimum sum of deposit is RMB1. With a passbook issued by the bank, you are free to make further deposits or withdrawals at any time you wish.
6. Personal call deposits: With a minimum of RMB 50,000, the deposit can be made in a lump-sum and withdrawn by intervals. When opening this account, customers are required to provide their valid identification documents and if they choose to be given a confidential password, they will be able to conduct cash withdrawals through our ATM network. It is necessary to give a day or seven days’ notification prior to withdrawal every time. On every such occasion, the amount of withdrawal must not be less than RMB 50,000. If the customer makes a cash withdrawal after notification, the interest will be accrued at an interest rate of one or seven days’ call deposit.
7. Integrated current and time deposits: When opening an account, you may choose not to specify a term for your deposit. Deposits may be made in a lump-sum, with a minimum of RMB 50, and the entire sum can be withdrawn any time.
8. Hypothecated loans with RMB and foreign currency time deposit slips: Customers holding valid time deposit certificates in RMB and foreign currency issued by Bank of Communications can apply for hypothecated loans by providing their valid ID documents and account statements that comply with the legal requirements at the designated BOCOM network. If the deposit is in foreign currencies, the loan will be converted to RMB, at the exchange rate or the bid rate for the note prevailing on the day of loan issued. Loan interest will be charged at two different rates, with one being applicable for loans with a maturity period of six months or below and the other for loans with a maturity period of 6 months to one year. The maximum loan period shall not exceed 1 year. Loan interests will be calculated based on the actual number of days lapsed. Although the loan may be repaid in advance, the loan interest will still be accrued at the rate stipulated in the loan agreement.
9. Local and foreign currency time deposit all-in-one book and all-in-one card: BOCOM-issued “all-in-one” passbooks and “all-in-one” cards accept deposits in RMB or foreign currencies offered by the bank. The maturity periods for RMB deposits are 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years and 5 years. For foreign-currency deposits, the maturity periods come in five options: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and 2 years. These all-in-one passbooks and cards are issued with confidential ATM passwords to facilitate security, safekeeping and inquiry convenience. Personal savings accounts in foreign currencies can be accessed by the account number of “all-in-one” passbooks and the card number of Pacific cards.